Tuesday, February 15, 2005


It's official - I'm famous!! Well, almost. My photos appears twice in this magazine, though I doubt many people who even know who the heck it is, what with the top of my head chopped off in the pics. Plus, with my sis, bro-in-law and nephew in it too, I've got 2/3 of my family in there!

Can't believe it. So much work for such a small magazine, quarterly too. Imagine if it were monthly. After writing almost half of this mammoth project and editing just about all of it repeatedly, I've gotta appreciate the madness of the publishing world. An article is never an article. Just preparing one page takes a lot of crawling through crap....especially if you meet some people who insist on dumping even more crap on you AND insulting you and your profession to your face.

At least I'm grateful that conscience isn't something I'm contending with at this moment. That's a major plus of writing for a health and wellness magazine that's not bound by pragmatic write-what-sells notions. I'd like to think that what I write helps, even if it makes me more cynical of what I read of other people's work (and I'm already very cynical to begin with).

Last week, I got a compliment on one of my articles. A small, humble little compliment, but it still feels great to be appreciated, especially for a piece that was written on a subject matter close to my heart.

The cycle has started again. Let the games begin....

No comments: