Friday, October 26, 2007

Found on Etsy

Went on an accessory spree on Etsy (www.etsy.com) where there is a lot of really cool shit and I have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from going completely nuts. Found this seller AnomalousBits who makes these neat pendants, bought a bunch of her stuff (her shipping charges are really reasonable). I kept a few for myself and am selling the rest.

As my treasured friends, you have first dibs at $12 each before I put them on eBay beginning at $20 each. I'll wait till next Wednesday before putting them up on eBay.

They're mostly 4 to 5 cm long though some are a little smaller. I'll give more exact measurements upon request.

Little Angel Vintage Tattoo
Lucky Lady in a Martini Glass Vintage Tattoo


Art Tree
Magpie & Robin
Vintage Floral Scroll
Eiffel Tower Vintage Photo
Exotic Bird on Perch
Go or Stay?
Autumn Leaves
Little Bird on Branch
Grave Under the Tree
Crow
Crow with Crystal Ball
Dick & Jane (yes, snigger away)
Eiffel Tower Vintage Perspective

In addition to a few others I got for myself, I actually bought two Alice in Wonderland pendants intending to keep just one and sell the other, but I've ended up liking them both. Here're pics of them just to show off - I'm keeping both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fyi-that is not what etsy is for!!
Your profiting off her beautiful work-why?
Why don't you make your own stuff and try to sell
it-don't steal from her.

rude.
m

Unknown said...

I object to the accusation that I'm stealing from her. For one, I included a link to Etsy and indicated the name of the seller, and indeed a couple of my friends bought from her directly.

Anyway, that's how many businesses work - they buy in bulk from overseas sellers/suppliers and sell it locally to people, often those who only want individual pieces without paying extra shipping, or simply people who don't know about Etsy.

AnomalousBits seemed very happy that I'd bought 2 good-sized batches of items from her, and 1 of those batches entirely comprised of gifts, not for sale. I'm sure many of the artists in Etsy would be thrilled to get increased orders from people eager to resell them. That's how some jewellery makers make a name for themselves.

I believe I was fair to the seller. Many business-owners don't even indicate who their sources were.

If I'd bought and sold her items under a company name and sold it in a mall, you wouldn't have judged me so summarily.