Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sean da cutie!!

I'm so excited, I just have to mention this. Sean, my cutest little 19-month-old nephew, tasted durian for the first time, and he liked it!! Which is great, considering his ang-moh dad also loves it. Little Sean has certainly acquired likings for a few edibles during this trip to Singapore pineapple tarts, Yakult (he doesn't seem to like Vitagen Less Sugar as much, though), durian.

It was pretty interesting to watch him try to suck through a straw for the first time. He saw me sipping at Yakult and kept staring, so I let him try. He couldn't quite get the mechanics of sucking it up all the way at first, and it was funny watching the stuff go up and down the straw but never reaching his mouth. He put the straw too far up his mouth at first, though; my sis says it's a throwback from the instinct babies have, where touching the palate of the mouth activates their sucking reflex.

You can so tell when he likes something and wants more of it: "MMMMPH!!" while leaning forward as far as he can. He looks pissed when he does that, but we all know it's because he wants something. Think he's gotten a bit spoilt while in Singapore so many people to play with him and so much attention. It's so hard to get to work the moment he sees me all dressed up, carrying my bag and heading to the door, he clings on to me, refuses to let go, and cries the house down if I leave. My dad and I had resorted to sneaking out the back door. You can see his noggin working each time we come home throught the front door. He should've caught on by now - us disappearing through the kitchen door and reappearing 10 hours later through the front door.

He's got this face that makes him look like a Precious Moments doll: those large doe eyes, cheeks that curve just like those characters and tiny lips that keep making weird expressions.

He's so cute.

No comments: