Thursday, August 18, 2005

Indulgence galore

I got a slightly botched pedicure during my trip. My sis and I were trying out this new place that had some opening offer. The first sign that all was not well was when I kept feeling little stings as the pedicurist was trimming my cuticles. Next sign was when I noticed a drop of blood welling at a spot on the big toe on my right foot. Undeterred, she dabbed off the blood, not a word said, then continued. Not only did the rest of the pedicure sting (try dabbing nail polish on an open cut and you'll see what I mean), she didn't bother sterilising the cut. I would've said something if I weren't feeling so cold, courtesy of the salon leaving the door open on a chilly day, and if only the Vietnamese lady actually spoke any English. She didn't seem to comprehend "Ow!" very well.

Next sign was an hour after I reached home. Apart from realising that the colour wasn't quite what I thought it'd be (I don't usually go for sweet colours), I noticed a wee bit of base coat that was applied a little beyond my right pinky toenail and had dried on the skin. I gently started to use my fingernail to try to peel that bit off...and the entire coat of nail polish came off - see exhibit on the left. So I've been going around for a week with one bare nail on my pinky toe.

Today I'm gonna treat myself to...GODIVA!! Got four pralines, two for me, two for Kelvin who's being a sweetie and accompanying me for dinner tonight. Ah, just the sight of that little yellow and gold bag gets my heart a-flutterin'.

Just went to a product launch today - VGO's V12 Cyber Relax massage chair. It's less 'cyberish' than it sounds, and what's cool is that I got to try it out! Oh man, if only my folks hadn't already bought that other chair last year! This one was pretty awesome, with rollers that kneaded my back all the way down to the small of my spine. The number of massage combinations is pretty amazing, and the lovely young lady that sat next to me explained every little detail of the massages she let me sample and patiently answered my dozens of questions. I felt kinda bad, though, as I was the first to sit down to try and the second-last to get up! I could certainly use more of that as part of work!
(Image courtesy of worldofsports.com.sg)

No comments: