Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unsolitude

I'm a person who loves solitude in healthy doses. Don't get me wrong - I do enjoy being with friends and people I like, but the need to be by myself in quiet or in music is an absolute necessity to maintain my sanity.

Which is why I find myself in the unusual circumstance of feeling lonely. Yes, I know, I've written about a similar feeling not too long ago (and probably during my last PMS too). But yeah, it's unusual. I suddenly find myself in silence that is too thick, aimless sitting around, and not the least bit inclined to go do all the things I usually like to do in the sole company of myself, save for this little bout of writing, and it gives me little pleasure at the moment.

My curtains are drawn and I can't see outside my window, but it sounds brooding and echoey. I suspect rain may be coming, just like almost every day this past month. I wonder what the air would smell like outside now, but I don't feel like opening the window.

Kelvin will be over for dinner this evening. I can't wait to see him.

No comments: