Friday, July 07, 2006

Another walk by the river

Took a walk by the river by myself on Tuesday evening, just because I felt like it. Was glad I did, because it felt great to be out on a balmy yet not muggy day like that. It was incredibly peaceful on my own, plugged into my iPod and taking in the view. No matter how many times I've walked down the promenade, the view is never the same. There's always something new and beautiful about it. I figure I've finally found something to love about my new home in River Valley after being torn away from my beloved Seletar - its proximity to this winding sanctuary.

I've always liked this bridge immensely (I think it's called Kim Seng Bridge). Probably because of its funky, curved body. The picture below is another view of it (had to lean over the railing to get this shot - very difficult to steady the hand to get a not-so-blurry capture).

It wasn't complete darkness yet by the time I started heading home, so managed to get a decent shot of the portion of the promenade around the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel. The reflections look really pretty, so I'm glad to have taken a relatively clear shot of it that evening.

Another perspective of the Kim Seng Bridge (I think) taken some months earlier. It's a blurry photo in the absence of a tripod but nonetheless, this is my favourite view of it...squatting down low at the foot of the bridge, causing some curious joggers to stare as they pass by.

1 comment:

gelatogirl said...

That's a nice pic...the one where u had to lean over the railing to get...hehe!

Chitty chitty boing boing chitty chitty boing boing we love you!!!

-Tanya-