Thursday, July 27, 2006

Theatre can be painful

Four weeks into movement workshops with Jing Hong at TTP and I've attained a wide collection of bruises and one elbow scrape to show for it. Given it's the first real exposure I've had to movement-based theatre, it's been a very interesting experience...and at times a painful one. Jing Hong must be almost 10 years older than I am but physical fitness-wise, she puts us to shame.

Muscle aches aside, being a creature of little grace and litheness, I find my limbs in frequent collisions with the floor.

My knees after 5 July's session:

Today, after last night's session (during which I found myself repeatedly flipping over on the floor and landing on my knees and forehead):

I should invest in knee pads.

1 comment:

avalon said...

nice knees, even if bruised. :D