Sunday, August 13, 2006

Before the parade passes by

Wednesday was the last time the National Day Parade would be held at the current National Stadium. I can't say I was terribly sad as I don't have any particular fond memories of the stadium. But I guess it was a fairly significant event.

This year was my first and possibly my last time attending the parade, and it had taken a bit of convincing by Kelvin before I even wanted to go. It was interesting, at least, and we had pretty good seats, though from my photos it's obvious I was just a little off centre, enough for all my photos to look every so slightly crooked. Oh well, it was a straight track in an oval stadium. There was no way to win. Anyway, I got my first up-close view of good old Caesar Lee who seemed to pause for a moment either for a breath or for applause (he got a bit of both).

My photos are in my Webshots album at http://community.webshots.com/user/andromeda_carina. Many of the photos are blurry because it was getting dark and my while my camera is good, it's still a basic consumer model. But hey, if you zoom out enough, the photos look alright! Anyway, it was mainly to capture several aspects of my evening there.

I have some thoughts on personal national identity...but it's 5am, so I'll share them another day soon.

No comments: