Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Yet another quiz

Saw this quiz on Shouchen's blog and thought I'd give it a try just for the heck of it.

The Five Love Languages

My primary love language is probably
Physical Touch
with a secondary love language being
Quality Time.

Complete set of results

Physical Touch:
10
Quality Time:
8
Words of Affirmation:
6
Receiving Gifts:
4
Acts of Service:
2

Interesting. I didn't think I was that physical! I'm overwhelmingly a visual-learning person so it's a surprise that physical touch is my primary language. But it makes sense on hindsight. Most, if not all, my relationships had offically begun with physical touch, mostly by touching hands or a kiss...which was terrifying when I was younger. But yeah, touch is a very important component to me in a relationship, whether it's a romantic or platonic one. I think how willing I am to touch someone else is an indicator of how guarded I am with them. I think of how I (mentally) recoil whenever my mum touches me. I think of Kelvin and I and how our bodies just seem to meld when we hold hands or hold each other. I think of the sweet fondness Ruilian and I share when we hug each other at hello and goodbye.

I just realised the numbers above are in running multiples of 2. Very random thought.

Quality time - ah, that's something I like. I always love doing things with Kelvin. We can do the most inane things and make a big, fun discussion out of them, or just drape over the sofa watching The Simpsons, or just sit in the same room, each doing our own thing. Best of all, there's so much in common we like to do. I never have to worry about him falling asleep in a theatre and he doesn't have to worry about me getting bored silly in a gadget store. Perhaps the only activities we don't share are clothes shopping and watching boy flicks (I leave it up to you to guess who prefers which. No prizes for guessing). The best quality time is when you can combine it with physical touch. What fun is love without making out?

No comments: