Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sleepless

Having trouble sleeping lately. Typically roll around for a few hours, doze a bit then get startled awake by the alarm.

Don't know why. My mind won't stay quiet when I lie still. Toss around till it's too uncomfortable to stay lying down anymore. And still my mind is going a mile a minute.

Perhaps it's the inactivity. Perhaps loneliness. Perhaps disquiet. Perhaps unfulfilled longing. Perhaps the fear of longing. Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

The last time I had such trouble sleeping was almost a year ago.

Yes, it's been almost a year. Come 17 February, it will be exactly one year. I was happy again after a while. What's happening now? Why now?

I need to start writing again.

"She's afraid of a light in the dark.
6.58, are you sure where my spark is?

Here, here, here."
~Spark, Tori Amos~

No comments: