Friday, June 13, 2008

Shiny, happy Daffy

Daffy is happy.

Yes, it's partly because of the couple of new and unexpected things, but not mainly those.

I think it's largely because I'm spending so much time rehearsing and being on stage these months. It feels a bit like living at high speed (or on speed).

I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, and perhaps next year I should promise myself not to take on more than one S&S play at a time. If I do it next year, that is. Rehearsing for four different things and churning out writing work all at once is draining me like nobody's business, and I can't stay away from my friends either!

And after all, I am happiest when I'm busy busy busy.

It does come at a cost. I've had to let some people down today :( I feel absolutely terrible about it, and I know no amount of profuse apology will fix things. It was necessary and very unexpected, but still not an honourable thing at all. I'm so sorry, guys.

It's also costing me PLENTY of sleep. I feel like I'm swimming in thick, warm goo at this moment (which is also a moment I should be spending on writing for a rush project but I really needed a short break for quick diarrhoea blogging).

All this time on stage this week and immersing with other actors from various backgrounds is playing a part in upbeat upbeatupbeatupbeat me! Feels like a sugar high. *nervous chuckling* Other things too, but this especially.

Oh, life is good. For now.

And even now, when I'm bogged down by this writing project, I'm inspired! I wanna churn out page after page after page! Even though it's corporate flotsam! And after that when I *eventually* find a little time, I wanna write more creative stuff! Like short stories again!

(I'm using lots of exclamation marks!)

I want to write!!

No comments: