Monday, November 17, 2008

There's no place like home...is there?

Tried to write another short story tonight, only to find I'm way too tired to do much hard thinking, or maybe I'm just not inspired enough.

Oz withdrawal has set in, but not enough to make me melancholy, just feeling a little too free.

Am surrounded by presents of varying sizes and and types, though a sizeable proportion of them are green in colour or contain elements of green.

A single white rose has started to nod. A green balloon dog with a curiously long and phallic looking tail lies on its side. A miniature tree with shimmering green leaves made of beads and sequins is still in its plastic packaging. A green-bottomed shot glass dubbing Daphne the Munchkin Maiden sits next to a few individually wrapped pieces of chocolates. A green candle holder. An hourglass. A photograph of two people wearing green berets. A Chinese paper cutout. A pair of green earrings. A smiley keychain. Various cards and notes with warm well wishes. And my favourite, a masquerade mask in shades of fuscia, black and white.

There were more gifts, but I've eaten them.

It will be quite a while before I decide to wear green eye shadow again. My right hand and wrist ache a little. And I badly need a shoulder and neck massage. BADLY.

All the same, I kinda miss Oz.

I can't wait to write something again.

No comments: