Friday, December 12, 2008

One storm down, more to come

FINALLY, the Yahoo situation has resolved! After I pleaded for the umpteenth time, they finally allowed me to provide alternative information before resetting my password. Relief!

The weather's about to turn. After the first few foggy days, my stay here has mostly been very sunny and beautiful. The weather forecast has predicted storms coming up over the weekend and early next week though, which is really befitting since The Parents arrive on Monday. Figures.

Been surprisingly busy here. My sis has a never-ending list of stuff to do, and having the kids around is a constant challenge, adorable though they are, and I'm pretty much helping out most of the time. Like I said, this ain't no vacation. On the plus side, I think I'm getting bigger biceps from carrying the girl a lot. On the minus side, I'm getting a bigger waistline to match - American-size food portions are a killer.

My day begins with having the little girl wake me up (I sleep in her room and she ALWAYS wakes up earlier than I do), me changing her diaper, then succumbing to her begging me to read books to her. She loves being read to. A lot. Plus she has her favourite books. This means I read 10 books or more to her every day, and the same ones every day. Thank goodness she's cute or I'd have killer her or myself by now.

Then there's the boy. I love my nephew, but I hate boys his age. Doesn't help that he has multiple issues that annoy me, including a kwai lan character and territorial issues with baby sister. Again, good thing he's charming and cute.

At least I'm spending loads of time with my sis, talking, laughing, reading, eating, eating somemore, and most importantly, bitching.

Guess the best of the trip's pretty much over, now that the folks are arriving, along with rain and cold. Sigh.

2 comments:

shouchen said...

It's going to be nice and warmer down here in LA!!! And parent-less!!!!!

Unknown said...

I really really do wish I could come down to LA, but I can't :( Sorry babe. Would certainly beat the hail (yes, we've got hail) and the parents.