Friday, December 05, 2008

Update on Yahoo situation #3

Faxed Yahoo the following yesterday:

* Copy of passport (specifically, "Copy of state/government issued photo ID")
* Name
* Contact email
* Yahoo ID
* Permission for Yahoo to enter my account
* Birthdate
* Postal code
* Alternate email address

And after all this, they finally emailed me my secret question. I had an idea of what the answer was, but (cue to bang my head on the nearest wall) I couldn't remember the exact phrasing!! I submitted a list of possible answers, all of which were not an exact match. So access denied.

That was my last option of getting them to reset my @#$%& password. Even though I'd submitted a copy of my fucking passport and gave every other detail. What more do they want? DNA sample? Noooo...it's the secret answer or NOTHING. They're so by-the-book that they refuse to consider this on a case-by-case basis, and the one thing they accept is the secret answer.

I've even, in desperation, offered to tell them the details of my email account, the contents, my contact list, what's written in my notes, my Yahoo groups, ANTHING.

Plus, the account security department refuses to be contactable via phone, only through email. And I get the same damn standard answer bullshit that only shows they hardly even bothered reading the problems I highlighted. There's no real human being I can talk to, no manager or superior I can address who might give a damn, nothing. The drones at Customer Care refuse to do anything either.

What do I do? I have so many important information stored in my Yahoo account. It's my own damn fault that I didn't write down my new password nor my secret Q&A (which I entered so long ago that I forgot). But this is downright ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh, what a nightmare. time to change email providers, i'd say. not that people (including myself) don't have problems with gmail chewing up emails.
anyway i'm glad it's sorted..!