Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hotmail booboos

Hotmail did it again. The 250MB inbox promised by Hotmail has been brewing for the longest time and yet most of us don't have it yet.

Not that I'm complaining, since I don't use it for personal stuff. Junk mail accumulates there too quickly - I gave up my REALLY long term Hotmail email account because I was getting a minimum of 50 junk mail a day...and a lot of it didn't go into the junk mailbox, and when I set junk filters to maximum, my personal emails got filtered there too. When you can't win, screw it and get a new one.

Anyway, to get back, I find myself amused by their declarations once more. The first was the same experience as Kelvin, who penned it here: http://darkholme.blogspot.com/2005_09_04_darkholme_archive.html#112614619590212692. I'd received that email in September which promised the inbox upgrade "by the end of August". Interesting concept of time.

The other was the email received today.












And this is the current size of my inbox (the 2nd email in my inbox with the subject "Your Inbox is Growing!" is the abovementioned email):






C'est le Hotmail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you're looking for a good spam filtered webmail service, gmail seems to be a good one. some even forward their pop3 to gmail for spam filtering, interesting ideas, but i have figure out how exactly they do. In the mean time, read this comparison between gmail vs outlook!

http://beust.com/weblog/archives/000332.html