Saturday, March 18, 2006

T'was foretold...

I just remembered an interesting thing. When I was in upper primary school, maybe P5, there was this computer career test thing that all of us had to take. Bear in mind, we were 11 years old at the time, and, to us, a career seemed like the faintest thing imaginable, barely a glimmer in the distant future.

With that programme, we'd answer various questions related to things like your personality, preferences, etc. Wanna know what my recommended career was?

Writer.

I found that amusing and poohpoohed it. It just didn't seem like a viable career to me at the time, as all I knew of as "writers" were those who wrote books, and my cynical young mind thought, how many people can survive just writing books, and earn enough from that? I didn't think I'd be good enough to write books and compete with other writers either.

Little did I know.(Ok, these are not my own fingers. They're Kelvin's hairy fingers.)

1 comment:

kelvin said...

that's mah hairy fingers! ;)