Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sticking my head into it

If anyone remembers me complaining that work was slower last month, now's the time to snigger at me.

One of my clients was giving me less work because some of his advertisers decided it was cheaper to write the editorials themselves than to let the magazine's writers do it. Also, another client's client pushed back publishing their current issue, so there was a few less articles for me right there. Of course I was bummed as that meant less money for me. So, of course I wished for more work and encouraged all my clients to give me more.

Always be careful what you wish you as you just might get it, as many fiction and screen writers like to use in their stories, all probably thinking what an original idea that is (yeah right). Here's why I feel like I've stuck my own head into a pile of poo - my current work load as of this week is:

- 13 short newsletters, of which I've done 4
- 1 long article, research- and people-intensive
- 1 short article, with interview + product shoot tomorrow morning
- 1 medium article, with interview with 2 people + photo shoot next Monday/Tuesday
- 1 medium article, with interview with 5 people + photo shoot next Monday
- 3 short articles, with event coverage (at least I won't have to do the photos myself)
- plus an upcoming 'major' project that a client warns me is coming up in mid-September

I think I can safely say in advance that my social life is gonna get dampened next week at least!

No comments: