Saturday, September 30, 2006

Funky wine labels

Was speaking to a client's advertiser the other week, Denise Wine. Apart from my first glance at wine of eye-popping vintage (1921!! And they have even earlier ones). I saw these funky labels:
And it has a label name to fit - Obsession.The other place I've seen with really interesting wine labels was Bonny Doon Vineyard near Santa Cruz when my sis drove us out for tastings. The names usually come with label art with tongue-in-cheek humour, e.g. Cardinal Zin has the picture of an evil looking cardinal, Big House comes with a picture of a prison breakout (but I think they've discontinued these two).

As far as names go, I like Bouteille Call best (try pronouncing it out loud). Le Cigare Blanc comes with understated label art, but upon closer inspection, you'll notice that a UFO is beaming down on the vineyard - they even came up with a story to go with it.Check out the cool art on some of these labels:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, these are great and interesting. Thanks!

Catelyn

Playlikeadealer.com