Friday, December 01, 2006

November snaps

Been a while since I took any pictures for pleasure, so was glad to have a chance these two days en route to meetings and errands.

Was on Nicoll Highway and spotted a fabulous sunset sky under thick, heavy clouds. Finally found a chance to take a snap (albeit with the car still in motion). This doesn't capture anything close to what I actually saw, as my shutter speed isn't fast enough to capture the details of the curling, golden sunset that was happening in what looks like a bright yellow spot between the buildings (it just turned out over-exposed). But I still like the orange reflections on the underside of the clouds.

I don't see how anyone can walk past this at Bugis Junction and miss it. I saw one or two other passers-by stop and snigger, so I know I'm not just being dirty minded. Astroboy really is being profane.
Speaking of which, here's an Astroboy figurine I found a few weeks ago. Am I just being dirty minded again? WHAT is she about to do to his behind with that contraption?
Yesterday was a friggin hot day and I was just done with two meetings, both involving outdoor photo-taking and LOTS of walking...in heels. Nonetheless, it was still a pleasure to walk from Boat Quay to the Esplanade, my screaming calf muscles notwithstanding. My first time in this tunnel. Like it lots.

Walking through Esplanade Park, I saw this cloud at a distance. The front had this interesting saw-tooth look; the rest of it was a large, grey rain cloud. I have a thing for cloud formations (and just about anything to do with physical geography, for that matter) so this really caught my fancy. I wonder why it looks the way it does. Uneven winds?
This is so tiny and cute! My dad got a few at the breakfast spread in some hotel in Europe. Of course, Nutella being my ultimate favourite snack, I polished them off in no time. I adore these cute little bottles.

No comments: