Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another unwelcome memory shot

Only just now, I did a strange thing. I picked up the phone to call my sister. Pushed the "talk" button, and too quickly, before I knew what I was doing, I rapidly dialled 9, 6, 9, and stopped myself with a jerk with my left thumb hovering over the 8 which it was about to push. I quickly hung up, spooked.

I was autopilot dialling Kelvin's number.

I have NO IDEA why that suddenly popped up, completely unintentionally. I hadn't dialled that number in 6 months. And it wasn't even close to the number I intended to dial. Why the devil would I be dialling it now??

Eek-a-mouse*.

Then again, if after 9 years I still remember WJ's home number, I guess this isn't that shocking. Just unnerving.

* Totally random fact: there actually is a reggae singer called Eek-a-Mouse.

1 comment:

'stee said...

the body takes time to forget.
x