Friday, August 10, 2007

White trunks a-flingin'

This one's for the other four of the five-some - you'll know who you are.

Was at nephew Sean's last-day-of-school picnic at his preschool where all the little kids were there with their parents. There was a sing-along session of familiar kiddy songs accompanied by a banjo. Suddenly, one tune stood out. Here're the first two lines:

"I've been workin' on the railroad
All the live long day."

I don't have to tell you why I started thinking about twirling white swimming trunks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotted this lovely spider web among my sister's rosemary shrub with its resident perched in the centre of it, managed to get a surprisingly decent photo of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Look at those white trunks go!

And your pic reminded me of a spider story I wrote back in 2001. It's a true account. Here's the link:

http://www.xanga.com/metadragon/378515/item.html