Thursday, May 25, 2006

May stocktake

Here's what my month of May has been like.

Wrote five articles for various magazines. Was praised for a long one on a less-than-interesting topic - surprised me as I thought I'd churned out a mediocre piece.

Wrote a script, my first one ever (after an immature attempt at age thirteen), and a commercial one too. Was surprised to have it praised too. Will have to wait long for payment, but am too delighted to even consider payment a big deal.

Am in rehearsals for two musicals (see posts below for more on these). Find myself learning the parts for the role that I had to give up, just to feel how it'd have been like - I'm cracking at the very highest notes on the score. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not doing it. Almost. Sigh. I still miss it, though.

Have just begun Y&W training sessions with a group of decidedly interesting and definitely talented people. Now feeling insecure about doing my monologues in front of them. Intend to wow them by telling them my age instead.

Have brought my SSX On Tour snowboarder to Legend status. Now trying to figure out how the heck I make her a Black Diamond Rock Star (I won everything! What more??). Will spend more quality time with the Xbox.

Met up with six close friends, one of whom I hadn't seen in nine years, and two new friends.

Seen less of Kelvin than I'd like, but have come to the realisation that even after more than three years together, he still amazes me.

Still talking to my sis on the phone several times a week. Nice, long, smart-ass chitchats during the bitching hours (we usually talk around midnight or so, thanks to the time difference). Still miss her lots. Can hear Sean progressing really fast in talking (and singing off-key). He'll probably be able to argue with us very soon. At the moment he just sounds so cute. He makes my heart melt each time he says, "I love you, Yee Yee!"

Am still antagonised by the dowager on a daily basis but am learning to deal with it better each day...I think.

Am speaking more with my dad. Trying to make him feel less lonely at home when I can.

Haven't done much personal writing (yes, I know I promised to write about Bali) because of being busy busy busy and generally feeling rather latent. Didn't have time to draft a short story for that competition after all. Will at least write one piece before the month is out.

(P.S. The pain-in-the-ass button magnet above sits on the magnetic photo frame above my desk.)

No comments: