Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My man the Arty Farty

Check out Kelvin's latest entry.

To think my friends called me arty farty back in school. They obviously hadn't met Kelvin. By the time thirteen year old me was playing Augustus Gloop under three sweaters, he was already writing his first play a la Into the Woods! (He's my age.) Even cooler - he was in installation art in Sydney. He appeared sleeping in shiny blue PJs, then as a motor-mouth tour guide by the beach.

(Photo borrowed from Kelvin's blog.)

He even snuck theatre into his media degree! The little sneak found a way to bypass parental disapproval of theatre. Wish I'd thought of that.

Pity that he's done with performing already. He's now my mobile resource for deciphering more arty farties that I don't yet understand. ("Moliere? Isn't that some treatment for facial blemishes?")

No comments: