Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Strung out and loving it

Why am I blogging now at the bitchi...I mean, witching hour when I have these to complete by tonight:

One 800-word article to write
One article plan to research and submit by morning
One article plan to research and submit by Thursday (tomorrow's full so it has to be tonight)
One presentation to prepare on the culture and religion of ancient Greeks

Because I need a @#$%^& break!! I need to expectorate a few words that are NOT work-related. So many things are swimming in my head in a messy soup. Advertising, Acropolis, consumer manipulation, Zeus, Sparta, Athens, creative agencies, Greek boys playing leapfrog...aargh!

(The phone rings)

54-minutes later:

By some coincidence (not), my sis called and gave me a more satisfying break. After almost an hour of dirty-minded banter in the style of the Ong sisters and hearing little Sean's adorable chatter, I feel rested.

Now if only this damned headache would go away.

No comments: