Monday, September 24, 2007

Reason to blog #23

Last night one more reason for blogging occurred to me.

Was trying to tell a friend/acquaintance about my then-current mood of intense craving, telling it simply because I was comfortable enough telling it to him even though I knew he wouldn't (and indeed couldn't) really be bothered.

And today, I was thinking about that chat, and wondered why the fact that he couldn't be bothered didn't bother me much.

I realised I simply needed to say it, the way I blog about my thoughts and feelings simply because I need to say them, regardless of who does or doesn't care. I've already written about why I blog these things - to feel less alone. There are numerous other reasons why I, and other people blog, most of which can be easily pointed out by a competent psychiatrist.

And now, another - because anyone who cares would already be reading this right now.

Not a whole lot of people visit my blog (also known as the only good outlet for self-indulgent introspection), and those who do are mostly friends, especially the close ones. And I'm glad for that silent company.