Thursday, March 01, 2007

The last

We celebrated our fourth and last anniversary on 9 February 2007. It was an awkward and tense (on my part at least) evening, with a simple dinner at a place he liked followed by a short riverside walk that I suggested.

These are the last flowers he sent. I wish he'd given me a present so I could keep it. Flowers die.

This was the last present I got for him for our anniversary. It's a compendium of 17 Kurosawa movies for just $29.90! But it didn't have Ran or Dreams. Read the blurb - it's hilarious (click on the picture for a bigger view).

Took yet another photo of Jiak Kim Bridge. It was actually a lovely, serene night when we went walking. It was cool and quiet and the river was still. Even the nearby Zouk couldn't really be heard from where we were.

I kept the flowers till 2 days ago. They had been smelling rather evil for a while but I couldn't bear to toss them. They'd bloomed very beautifully a day or two after I received them, but died very quickly. They somehow look more colourful in this photo than they did in real life (so to speak), for some reason. What a fitting metaphor for our now-dead relationship.

And that's that. Everything's dead now. He seems happy and relieved. I wish he would suffer more. It's tough knowing he doesn't miss me at all.

1 comment:

Bijoy said...

Nice post, its a Super cool blog that you have here, keep up the good work, will be back.

Warm Regards

Ran Movie Review