Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cheaters: Pop in the tape and press "play"

OK, I feel even more of a fool now.

Told a couple of gal pals about what the bastard Kelvin had said to me before, especially regarding the "I don't wanna be in a relationship right now" and other related things. The look of recognition on my friends' faces was unmistakable.

"Girl, that's what they all say when they've got a 'back-up'. He might as well have popped in a tape and hit the play button."

And yes, it all adds up. All those extra late hours in the office (which he always swore was purely work). Not wanting me anymore, not even wanting to watch me change anymore, which he used to love doing. Not wanting to hold hands with me anymore.

And getting together with her one fucking week after the breakup. What makes him think I'll believe him after all the lies he's told over such a long period of time? Staying untruthful for 1.5 out of 4 years of our relationship takes a lot of effort, you know.

This puzzled me a bit. What was that about not wanting to take his clothes and things back on the day we broke up and wanting to continue seeing me? And telling me it's possible he might come back one day? And telling me he still loved me? AND asking me if I'd take him back if he came back? (I wonder if his new little hussy knows that he said these to me.)

But that puzzled me only briefly. That's another common trait of cheaters. They want an contingency in case their new experiment doesn't work. Heck, it happened to a good friend of mine not long ago, and Kelvin knew about that. He obviously doesn't learn from other people's lessons.

Lesson to all: if you want to lie, at least lie convincingly, pretty please? No half-assed idiocy like this.

I'd given him so much benefit of the doubt while we were together. And he turned out to be a cheater.

Oh, and changing his Friendster status from "in a relationship" to "it's complicated" - I was the one who asked him if he wanted to change that, and he did. BUT not to "single". And it still remains that way.

Well, he's already done the passive-aggressive thing and brought her to a wedding dinner instead of telling his friends outright. Let's see when he'll stop sneaking around and trying to appear the good guy.

I've figured even more things out, but only on hindsight. I shouldn't feel the fool, since he did a bang-up job of fooling everyone. My sis said I have good instincts and if neither she nor I had picked up on things, he was doing a really good job at concealing things. Still, can't help feeling stupid.

He's turned out to be a bastard like all the rest after all.

I'm going to force myself to not cry anymore. I'm not going to let that arsehole drag me down anymore. I'll go on hating him for a long, long time and will probably never forgive him, but I won't let that stop me from living well without him. I hope his guilt plagues him forever, now that I'm ANOTHER ex-girlfriend that he's done grievious wrong to - only this time, I'm the girlfriend who's found/figured out what's going on.

Make no mistake. This is not the first time he's done this in his life, the fickle fucker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dry up your tears, be beautiful again and a much much better man will come along. it is not proving to him wat u r worth, but wat true happiness is.

Leann said...

your better of without the jurk.men who cheat come cheap.the good ones take time to find.my grandma told me years ago."why would the man buy the cow, if he can get the milk free".I listoned to her.men now just want to f--- around and they dont care how many they do.
but one day their thing will fall off cause they did it with one too many.
be gald you found out now and not when you were married with kids.God bless.