Saturday, April 07, 2007

Playing doctor?

Was shopping for nostalgic goodies with the girls in Concourse back in February, and in the midst of our coo-ing over the plethora of wonderful toys, I saw this "Medical" set:

It seems like a perfectly cute, girly set to play doctor with, but what caught my attention was the thermometer:
These photos probably don't give you a good idea of the size of the plastic fake thermometer, but my estimate puts it at around 10cm long and 3cm in diameter.

WHERE does one use a thermometer of those dimensions, toy or no toy??

Some of the other implements are a bit of a mystery to me, like that round shocking-pink thing with white spots. I'm not sure I want to deduce what the strange spatula-like thing does, and I rather hope that the tool at the bottom right hand corner is meant to be tweezers rather than tongs. This is clearly not meant to be a very educational set for kids.

No comments: