Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hmm, think I'm starting to see my problem. I wear my heart on my sleeve. That trait (?) is mismatched with some others around me. That need to speak my mind, to feel less alone, to feel understood, to have (most of) my thoughts known.

But that's just me. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but sure beats repression and isolation.

I can stand self-preservation-motivated zip-lip from people I care about only so long. That's not wrong, is it? Wanting similar or somewhat similar from people I care about and whom I hope care about me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta celebrate! Celebrate that you wear your heart on your sleeve. It isn't even a good or bad issue. It's you and what makes you uniquely you. Celebrate and rejoice that it is precisely this quality that has made you a good actor.

The need to feel understood, to feel less alone, to speak your mind -- are God given human qualities. Rejoice for you are normal!

Don't look upon these as problems. They never were problems. Never look upon yourself as a person with problem trait...especially this one.

It's just that the outside world doesn't understand you. So, start with yourself. Love who you are and them go out and teach the world how to celebrate the beauty in you and the world will turn out better because of what you gave to it in the process.

Unknown said...

Hi! Who's this who commented?

The problem isn't really the wearing-on-the-sleeve, but that it leaves me open to greater vulnerability, and makes me feel more exposed as compared to those around me who are less giving...especially those I care about. And uneven vulnerabilities between people feels wretched. (Actually this post was written with particular persons in mind.)

My problem is that I HOPE to get the same level of openness from those I love/care about, but that is extremely rare. But I still hope to find it...eventually.