Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday night quiet

It's Friday night and it's a quiet night at home.

Almost quiet. I can hear Caitlyn refusing to go to sleep next door, more content to smile at whoever's leaning over her crib than to close her beautiful hazel-grey eyes and snooze.

Few people are online. OK, actually a lot are, but not many are particularly chatty tonight, except for my daily MSN fix Gerald. Not that I want any power chatting tonight, not with STILL more work to get done that I've hopelessly procrastinated. But I've also come to realise it's now autopilot that the first thing I do when I open my MSN window is to look for one particular name even if I know for sure it won't be online.

Can't afford to put off work any longer though, have to try to get everything done by tomorrow or I'll really suffer if I hope to spend any time at all with the family. From Sunday, there'll be full-day rehearsals and bump-in before we open the show on Wednesday. And for added fun, just received an email from a client that requires a complete re-draft of an already-done project. Sigh.

Went for a very quick spot of lunch and shopping with sis today. Is always fun shopping with sis. Retail therapy rocks. Sushi Tei sucks.

Am just rambling on without any particular purpose right now.

Got a surprise call last night. I'd actually previously been wondering if he'd call me from where he was but didn't think he would, all things considered. Was suppering with my sis and the w!ld ones when got a call from a "new number". Was already half excited before I picked up. When I heard his voice and went "HI!!", half the table turned and grinned at me when they heard my tone, already knowing who it was (there's no keeping secrets from this bunch).

It was one of those times that I wished I'd expressed myself better. Distracting surroundings tend to water down what I really want to say and how I say it. I don't know if he could hear the delight in my voice or if I'd been too conscious of speaking in public (and with at least 4 or 5 people still grinning at me) to show any of it. Didn't help that it was noisy and I couldn't hear him very well. But the sound of his voice was unmistakable and strangely soothing.

I guess I wanted to say that that one phonecall made my day. Really made my day.

And now, perhaps I should stop blogging and finish at least one @#$%& article.

[Randomly useless fact: in complete boredom, was browsing his blog today and decided to check out when his very first post on his current journal was. Turns out to be just one day after I made my very first blog entry here on Blogger.]

No comments: