Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kenduri

Bump-in last Monday was a busy-busy day with the inevitable little mishaps and annoyances, but we made it to opening night without a single homicide, so we did pretty well I think.

On Wednesday, between our last dress rehearsal and opening show in the evening, we had the traditional W!LD Rice kenduri, my first. It was a strangely spiritual experience, but not entirely surprising, given the intensely shared energy of the group of us. The very act of taking that energy, multiplying it and filling the performance space with it made us feel larger than the sum of us (don't know if anyone else got that, but I sure did).

And, us being Singaporeans, every tradition is topped off with food! Starting with the marvelicious fudge cake that Jon (Lim) very enthusiastically disemboweled.
We've apparently become a lot more touchy feely over the course of being stuck with each other for a year. I don't know what that year has done to Shouchen, though.
Interestingly, our first group shot ever! I was already in my beehive.
"Sail away, sail away, sail away..."
Spot the difference.

Like I said, a year with us has done things to Shouchen. Candice was already twisted to begin with, anyway.
Final plug for On North Diversion Road
It's not too late to get your tickets to On North Diversion Road by us at Young & W!LD, a division of W!LD Rice. It runs from now till Sunday (17 June) at The Arts House (though I won't be doing Saturday and Sunday as I'll already be away - Judy's taking over my role on those days).

Tickets are available at the box office, via phone (6332 6919) or www.theartshouse.com.sg. (Psst! It's easier booking by phone). Alternatively, you can book your tickets through me or any of the Young & W!LDers - we can get them for you since we're there every day anyway.

See you there!

No comments: