Sunday, May 06, 2007

Half clear

Finally got started in clearing out my room tonight, probably out of embarassment that someone else is finally seeing the dump it's become. I'd also like to think of it as symbolically another step away from all the shit that's happened earlier this year.

And on that note, I finally got down to opening the bag of stuff Kel returned to me and looking at what was inside. I realised some were his stuff after all, and some were clothes that I've given him that he probably didn't like (sneaky thing, telling me they were mine). But pulling them out of the bag, I accidentily got a whiff of how they smelt, and they reminded me of how he smelt in freshly-washed clothes. I once found that completely endearing. Yech.

But I'm happy to get my beloved book back. The Neverending Story is my one most treasured book since I was a kid. It got misplaced along the way until Terry gave me a wonderful huge surprise one birthday by ordering it for me. I'm still mourning the loss of the first edition (!!) I had as a kid, but it's still wonderful to get another edition of it, coloured lettering and all - it's like losing a friend but getting to adopt their kid. I'd lent it to Kel for months and months. He never finished reading it. How apt.

Yay!! I have my book back! But now I have to find room for it on my already bursting-at-the-seams bookshelf for it. Books are such a compulsion for me.

Now to clear out the rest of this junk heap of a room...

No comments: