Thursday, May 03, 2007

What the fish?

Spotted this at Macs during yet another supper in the 24-hour fast food black hole. Don't ask me why we tend to end up there after trawling other places.

Look at the "Love Ocean Deep" thing. Doesn't that look like condom packaging? And next to someone's secret fish fantasy too... Reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons where one mobster asks Fat Tony, "Thought you said Troy McClure was dead?" "No, I just said he was sleeping with the fishies." Eww.

Oh, and just one nice snippet of random info. Finally, after months of training with Thomas did he tell me I did a good belt yesterday. I was doing "I'm Here" from The Color Purple, which I thought was rather challenging, but it was one of the few songs I did for him for which he didn't correct a single thing. Pretty encouraging, considering that lack of power was one of my weak points. Then again, I'd spent the first 50 minutes of the lesson learning to belt in my head voice (it's all in the teeth, girls). Thomas rocks. Hmm, maybe I should consider doing this song for auditions that require mid-range belting. Then again, who'd want to sit through all 4 1/2 minutes of it? Maybe not.

(Random thought: "Belting" always makes me think of S&M.)

1 comment:

Djebel said...

first time i saw it looks like a paperbag book to me. the kind you'd see in christian book shops.

your sublimal mind is the one seeing the condom packaging. heh.