Sunday, May 20, 2007

This & that from weekend past

They're here!! My sis and the fam are here at last, and the household is now perpetually buzzing with activity and noise. I'm really, really happy to see them and to finally spend time with my sis. All my time will be sapped, of course - almost all my free time after work and rehearsals/show runs will be spent with them, but it's more than worth it.

Sean's being a pain as usual, but such an adorable one!
Celebrated mum's 60th birthday tonight with a feast at Triple 3 - we really like eating there. Given that the three-piece band sang Happy Birthday at three other tables before coming round to ours, she obviously wasn't the only one celebrating. But the band gamely played different variations of that nauseating old tune and threw in dedications. Here's her singing along to her favourite Chinese song by Theresa Teng (no prizes for guessing which one).

The Ong+Ginsburg family plus our closest family friends. Baby Caitlyn was asleep and blissfully absent from this shot.Sis and I were getting a sugar high from too much desserts and choc fondue.
Someone gave Sean this little gift. See if you can figure out what I like about them. I sure will look out for Megazords with, uhm, tools like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kev had his farewell party on Friday. In spite of the huge expected turnout plus friends-bringing-friends, the crowd wasn't as frighteningly large as I thought it'd be. First, had dinner with a couple of others at Bakerzin. Someone ordered this extremely delicious-looking cake with a gleaming coat of fudge. Couldn't resist a pic.
Kev seems to really like this pic for some reason. I was embarassed to note that I looked like I'd been rolling around in bed drunk, with that weird smile and the messy hair. KS just looks sleepy in this one.

Why does my nose look so big when the camera is close to my face but Kev's doesn't? Enjoyed teasing him about how sleazy he looks in the first two shots.I still think CK (left) looks very, very familiar, but can't place him. Was nice to meet Melody again, had enjoyed meeting and talking to her at the last gathering. She's such a sweetie.

Met Fer again, Kev's closest friend. Went to Zouk with them and Fer's Brit lady friend Sarah after the party. Realised I hadn't been to Zouk on a non-Sirens night in a long, long time. The music was surprisingly not bad at all.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, I finally completely deleted the "Kelvin" folder in my email. I saved them all and tucked them away in a folder, together with all the photos and 'us' stuff. I then put the folder away in a quiet corner of my computer out of sight.

And that's how it is with every ex. I don't throw them away, but bit by bit I tuck them away until they're completely out of sight. Then I'll take out the 'us' stuff one day and look at them, and realise they don't affect me anymore, not in the way they once did. They would have become part of my collective past, one in a list of steps I took to arrive at who I am at that point in time. I'd finger the scars they left behind and find the scars visible and ugly but numb and painless.

I'm still waiting for these current scars to heal. But I'm closer now.

No comments: